- basics. chair.usd, floor.usd, both into set.usd, load that into shot.usd, make a camera, save.
- adding materials. Add basics to the original models, look at final output, save
- modularise per department. split chair.usd into 2 dependencies for geo.usd and material.usd, so they can be changed seperately
- choice. add model variants, material variants.
- role. add lowres/highres
- Make a chair usd, a floor usd
- Pull both into set.usd, easy
- Pull the set into a shot, make a camera, publish shot.usd, easy
- Now you need a material on it, do that
- Uh oh, there's a need for 2 chair types in a set, do that
- The realtime folk are getting involved, where's their low res proxy chair
- And now material variants