As much as I like sticking to the short, single paragraph+gif format, now and then stuff probably requires a longer format. Those sort of things will end up here.
- Copy, Stamps, Rotation, Hscript, Vex, a ramble - Why stamps should be avoided, how to control rotation of copies, and how to keep houdini fast.
- Smoke and Pyro - A brain dump of all the smoke and volume related things I've learned over the past few months.
- HoudiniVex - Quickstart guide to Vex, starting the basics of getting and setting attributes, then a few interesting examples with line-by-line explainations.
- Points and Verts and Prims - A source of confusion for new users (especially if coming from another package), hopefully this clears things up.
- The solver sop - One of Houdini's handy tricks that takes a little getting used to, but can achive all sorts of fun things (and forms a good gateway into dops, especially some of the more esoteric things you can do in dops).